You are able to block or redirect a site settings that are using your firewall or router. But are you aware that you can block or redirect web sites utilizing Active Directory Domain solutions (DNS) also? Just utilize these actions.
This tutorial assumes you have got Administrator legal rights in your Active Environment that is directory usage of Microsoft Management Console.
Producing Ahead Lookup Zone
- website builder
- Choose “Start“, type “mmc.exe“, then hit “Enter“.
- The Microsoft Management Console seems. Choose “File” > “Add/Remove Snap In…“.
- Include the “DNS” snap in, then select “OK“
- Select “DNS” from the pane that is left. You need to be prompted to “Connect to DNS Server“. Choose “This computer” if you’re logged to the DNS host, or select “The following computer” and enter the website name or internet protocol address associated with the DNS host you intend to hook up to. Choose “OK” if you are done.
- Now expand the host title under DNS and right-click “Forward Lookup Zones” and select “New Zone“.
- The New Zone Wizard seems. Choose “Next”.
- Choose “Primary Zone“, then select “Next“.
- Choose “To all DNS servers operating on domain controllers in this domain“, then pick “Next“.
- For the “Zone name“, type the Address for the web site you want to block (in other words. facebook.com, reddit.com, etc.), then select “Next“.
- Select “Do not allow powerful updates“, then select “Next” > “Finish“. At this point you have actually set a Forward Lookup Zone which will “take over” any requests to this domain on your own community. Continue reading “Utilize Active Directory Domain Services to Block Internet Site”